Part-Time: 12-20 hrs/wk
Prologue Bookshop is Columbus’ newest bookstore, situated in the heart of the Short North, at 841 N High St. We aim to be the best local bookstore, helping customers discover great books and gifts through great curation and top-notch service. We provide a personal browsing experience that brings intrigue, inspiration, and imagination to our community.
Since we’re a brand new store, every employee has a chance to make a huge impact, and responsibilities will change and grow over time. Successful candidates will be comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change, and rise to meet the challenges in such an environment.
– Provide excellent customer service by greeting guests and answering questions in person or over the phone
– Assist with store inventory by organizing, shelving, and distributing products in the store
– Recommend titles based on customer needs and desires based on inventory
– Process customer payments
– Fulfill online and in-store pickup orders
– Help maintain a neat, organized store
– Attend off-site events to sell books, as necessary
– 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the US
– Have an interest in literature and the book industry and a willingness to learn
– Attention to detail
– Ability to stay calm under pressure and in difficult scenarios
– Strong communication skills and able to work and serve a wide variety of individuals
– Retail experience preferred but not required
– Social media savvy
– Experience putting together events and working with local venues
– Interest and experience in merchandising and design
– Experience building signs and work in chalk or marker
– An awareness of the current literary environment; be able to recommend books to stock and be knowledgeable enough about books to be able to write reviews and recommendations for in-store and social media
This job will entail regular weekend and evening work. As we are a very small staff, expect to work on most major retail/bookstore business days, such as Small Business Saturday, Independent Bookstore Day, and Christmas Eve.
– Competitive hourly pay rate
– Employee discount
– Flexible scheduling during non-peak periods
Prologue Bookshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
All positions for this job have been filled. Positions may become available in the future; please contact email@example.com for more information.